Yogic Tools for Recovery: A Guide for Working the Twelve Steps
Название: Yogic Tools for Recovery: A Guide for Working the Twelve Steps
Автор: Kyczy Hawk
Формат: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
Размер: 10.1 MB
Год издания: 2017
Recovery from active addiction is a lifelong journey that can take many paths. By aligning yoga philosophy and poses with each of the Twelve Steps, Kyczy Hawk presents a physical and spiritual guide that complements and augments any twelve-step practice. Readers will investigate how they think, feel, and believe by using a new vocabulary to process traditional recovery principles.
- Current findings increasingly support yoga and mindfulness as promising complementary therapies for addictive behaviors (Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013).
- Provides clear and concise instructions requiring no prior knowledge and enabling people to experience the benefits of this ancient practice in the comfort and privacy of their own home.
- Key yoga terms are explained clearly and all poses are accompanied by illustrations.
- Consistent practice will lead to a more positive outlook on life and help eliminate harmful attitudes and behaviors. It can also create a balanced lifestyle, bringing greater harmony, stability, and enjoyment.
- Anyone can benefit from yoga, regardless of ability, age, belief system, or life circumstance.
Kyczy Hawk is a certified yoga instructor. She lectures on yoga and recovery throughout the Bay Area and has been a presenter at the Art of Yoga Project and Niroga Institute's Yoga Therapy teacher training. As the Success Over Addiction and Relapse (SOAR) yoga teacher specialty-training founder, she has taught yoga instruction workshops throughout the United States. She hosts a weekly yoga recovery meeting on In The Rooms and manages the Willow Glen Yoga Studio in San Jose, CA.
С этой книгой бесплатно скачивают:
Поделитесь ссылкой на книгу со своими друзьями:
Ссылка для форумов: