Fit & Well: Core Concepts and Labs in Physical Fitness and Wellness, 12th Edition
Название: Fit & Well: Core Concepts and Labs in Physical Fitness and Wellness, 12th Edition
Автор: Thomas D. Fahey, Paul M. Insel, Walton T. Roth MD
Размер: 65.6 MB
Год издания: 2017
Generations of people have viewed health simply as the absence of disease, and that view largely prevails today. The word health typically refers to the overall condition of a person’s body or mind and to the presence or absence of illness or injury. Wellness expands this idea of health to include our ability to achieve optimal health. Beyond the simple presence or absence of disease, wellness refers to optimal health and vitality - to living life to its fullest. Although we use the terms health and wellness interchangeably, there are two important differences between them:
- Health—or some aspects of it—can be determined or influenced by factors beyond your control, such as your genes, age, and family history. For example, a man with a strong family history of prostate cancer will have a higher-than-average risk for developing prostate cancer himself.
- Wellness is largely determined by the decisions you make about how you live. That same man can reduce his risk of cancer by eating sensibly, exercising, and having regular screening tests. Even if he develops the disease, he may still rise above its effects to live a rich, meaningful life.
Ask yourself, "What do I want from my fitness program?” Develop different types of goals—general and specific, long term and short term. General or long-term goals might include lowering your risk for chronic disease, improving posture, having more energy, or improving the fit of your clothes. It’s also a good idea to develop some specific, short-term goals based on measurable factors. Specific goals might be:
- Raising cardiorespiratory capacity (V̇O 2max ) by 10%.
- Reducing the time it takes you to jog two miles from 22 minutes to 19 minutes.
- Increasing the number of push-ups you can do from 15 to 25.
- Lowering your BMI from 26 to 24.5.
1 INTRODUCTION TO WELLNESS, FITNESS, AND LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT 1
2 PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICAL FITNESS 27
3 CARDIORESPIRATORY ENDURANCE 57
4 MUSCULAR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE 95
5 FLEXIBILITY AND LOW-BACK HEALTH 139
6 BODY COMPOSITION 175
7 PUTTING TOGETHER A COMPLETE FITNESS PROGRAM 201
8 NUTRITION 225
9 WEIGHT MANAGEMENT 273
10 STRESS 303
11 CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH 333
12 CANCER 351
13 SUBSTANCE USE AND MISUSE 373
14 SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS 399
15 ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH 419
A INJURY PREVENTION AND PERSONAL SAFETY A-1
B EXERCISE GUIDELINES FOR PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CONCERNS B-1
C MONITORING YOUR PROGRESS C-1
BEHAVIOR CHANGE WORKBOOK W-1
С этой книгой бесплатно скачивают:
Поделитесь ссылкой на книгу со своими друзьями:
Ссылка для форумов: